Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Oxford, yet again

Oxford, yet again.

I have lost count the number of times I went to Oxford, but I’m sure this number is no less than ten. Despite the fact I was there 3 weeks ago on Boxing Day, I agreed instantaneously to my friend’s invitation last Friday. And so, yet again, I went to Oxford 2 days ago.

To Oxford. For lunch and coffee.

I know Oxford like the back of my hand. And there really isn’t anything new for me to explore in that quaint little town. There is simply something indescribable about Oxford that is able to lure me there time after time.

Perhaps it’s the cobblestones that Oscar Wilde once trod on his way to a pub. Perhaps it’s that bench in Merton College on which Tolkien wrote Lord of the Rings. Or maybe it’s Christ Church College which stimulated Lewis Carroll to write Alice in Wonderland. Or maybe its Great Hall, the inspiration of Hogwarts Hall in Harry Potter films.

Whatever it is, I know I will miss Oxford. Soon.

Or even now.

And of course, there is no doubt I will miss Trout Inn and Ben’s cookies.

No comments: