Saturday, September 11, 2004

Peru? Or Nicaragua?

Oh, this is getting exciting. I've just found another opportunity to volunteer. It's at Peru!!! The descriptions and pictures of Peru look extremly appealing. I suppose the Peru expedition should be better than the Nicaragua Project. Then besides volunteering at Peru, there's visiting the Amazon Forest and the Incan ruins, hiking the Inca trail to Machu Picchu (this is gorgeous, heard so much about it!!!), horseback riding, visiting the ruins of the Sacred Valley, crafting ceramic pots with local masters, and many other unique experiences.

But the whole trip costs over US$2000, not including the air ticket from London (or Singapore) to Peru/Lima/Cusco. And whether SPH allows and whether time permits and how to arrange my summer schedule to fit in my 2-month SPH internship are three huge problems.

I think I'll commence to solve the 1st problem by starting to eat bread when I'm back in London.

No comments: