Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Missing Urubamba already...

I am a person who seldom makes promises to anyone. But Peru is a country so amazing that I have just promised my host family that I will definitely return to Peru in 2 years time. Saying goodbye to my family and the Sacred Valley was more difficult than I imagined it to be. My host dad says that I am forbidden to stay in hotels the next time I visit Urubamba. He says that my room will always be available whenever I come back and I am only allowed to stay in his casa and nowhere else. Peru has given me so much more than I was able to contribute during my short stint and volunteer work here. I am already missing everything in Urubamba and in Chicon. Give me 2 years and I'll definitely come back to Peru. This is my promise to my family and I will not break it unless something urgent crops up.

Meanwhile, this is my 9th week and also my final week in Peru. I've just come back from the Amazon and the Amazon Jungle is indeed the most amazing part of my entire trip in Peru. I'll probably update in more details when I've got the time. What I really feel like doing now is to cancel my internship at Zaobao and to extend my stay in South America for another 2 months. But unfortunately, I cannot do that. It's a shame that I haven't got the time to do Nasca lines this time round as well. But I'll definitely visit Nasca and Huaraz the next time I visit Peru.

At the same time, I'll make my two days in Lima memorable as well. Lima isn't as bad as I thought, although just now I almost got killed on the road again.

(I really cannot imagine starting work 1.5 days after returning to Singapore next week, and ending work 2 days before my final academic year commences.)

No comments: