Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I'm getting a newspaper column, or hopefully...

Seriously, I initially thought my editor sent the email to the wrong person, but after reading the entire email, it turns out it's addressed to me. No errors.

I've been invited to write a commentary column every fortnight for the new Chinese daily due to circulate in June 1st.

It came as a surprise, or should I say shock. I admit when I start work offcially, I do yearn a personal column where I can just rant anything. This came a bit too early, but I suppose it's a good sign. =)

What makes me more excited is I can write about anything, no restrictions except for the usual you-know-what. And since this is a new paper, there doesn't seem to be too much rules to conform to like those in traditional Zaobao.

As my editor wrote: "我们在乎的是看法,表达上可以稍微个人一点......我们的言论不会像早报这么正统、严肃,可以允许稍微偏离主流的调子......尽管写来吧,不要有太大的负担。"

I need to crack my brain soon... haha... what if, eventually the things I write are all crap that can't be published...

(Exams are more important now.)

No comments: