Thursday, December 02, 2004

Oh, so I’m not invisible

“Hey, I haven’t seen you for more than a week! How have you been?”

I got the above response from Conrad, Eugene, Neil, Henry, Antonio, Alvaro amongst many others on different occasions in my hall, after disappearing for more than 10 days, after skipping dinner for more than 10 days because of my schedule so hectic that I even had to bunk in at Justin’s place one night because we stopped working on the props at 2 am.

And I really feel good that there are actually people who are concerned about me. People who aren’t Singaporeans. People I thought who can’t be bothered with everything else except their own lives.

So, I am really glad that I’ve chosen not to share a flat with Singaporeans then. I am really glad that I’m in Netherhall instead.

Like what Eugene said very exaggeratingly, “Just having friends from Netherhall is more than sufficient. We basically won’t be lonely even without any other friends.”

Hence, I’ve decided to stay here for my third year as well, even though the rules are really strict. Simply because of the wonderful Hampstead environment, because of the ever-tempting Hampstead crepes, because of the incredible people here at Netherhall.

Anyway, that’s the sole purpose in pursuing an overseas education, ain’t it? I’m here in London not to stay in my comfort zone and I’m not here to mix with Singaporeans only.

I’m happy I’ve made the right choice.

No comments: