Wednesday, December 01, 2004

The Crazy Past Week
(more photos will be uploaded on my gallery when I have the time)



Part of the 30-member-cast-and-crew



Justin & I did the Chinese restaurant set



Declan and I


(1) Pagoda Street

The past week has been crazy with theatre (read: drama theatre). I spent more hours in the Garage Theatre than in the lecture theatre. In the end, I did not hand in my essay which I knew I could never complete in time because I did not do my reading. I had nothing to say in my seminar class because I did not do my reading. I did not run my experimental subjects which I was supposed to, hence we had to find subjects last minute during the lab class. I slept late every night and so, overslept every morning and in the end, I had to skip the first lecture at 10 am every day (Note that 10 am is early by British standards).

Now that Pagoda Street has ended, a sense of emptiness overwhelmed, similar to the PHD (read: Post-Huang-cheng-Depression) syndrome experienced after Huang Cheng. Though the spirit in Pagoda Street is not even 10% that of Huang Cheng’s, it still felt extremely heart-warming before, during and after every performance. More friendships forged and it’s pleasant to know that my props buddy gained something extra from the musical as well. Heh… :p

(2) 2nd VS Haircut

I had my second Vidal Sassoon Haircut on Friday, not too bad an experience except for the fact that this is my most time-consuming haircut ever, even longer than the 1st VS haircut. This time round, it was a cool Greek chap from Cyprus who took 3 1/2 hours playing with my hair. Disconnecting wasn’t done; squaring was done instead. And I absolutely have to mention that his head massage was incredible. VS techniques are really good. Too bad Singapore has no VS.

(3) Other crazy stuff

With the end of Pagoda Street, it’s time to move on to accomplish some other important (and crazy) things on my agenda…

*Finally decided not to travel far at all (read: fly out of UK) this December unless some last minute plans emerged. So, I might still go to Scotland.

*I thought going to Peru is crazy enough for me, but something in my heart tells me that I should extend my Peru trip to include nearby places like Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador and some other South American countries also. (I need intensive physical training and Spanish lessons soon to cope with the altitude and the Incan trail and everything else in Peru.)

*Desperately finding some sponsors to finance my Peru trip - need to write 4 essays to apply for the ProWorld scholarship (why do US people like to include essays in application forms so much?) and 1 essay and 2 forms for the UCL travel grant.

*Looking through some post-grad courses and sadly realised that I can’t apply to some universities like Harvard because their courses are at least two years long. Looks like I’m left with Stanford and Yale and Chicago, which I doubt I’ll get in as well.

*Need to study for GRE really soon because I will not have any time in summer.

*Thinking of going on host UK as well.

*Might be flying to Scandinavia to visit some friends early next year, and hopefully catch the Northern Lights.

*Might be doing another drama production in spring next year.

*Meanwhile, busy with the editing of the magazine for Hwa Chong Nite (WW and I thought it wouldn’t take us too long but we were damn wrong; we weren’t even half way through yet).

*And Christmas dinners and gatherings and charity runs and presentations coming up blah blah blah…

The above should be sufficient to keep me occupied for the rest of my second university year, so as not to let it pass unremarkably. It then seems like studying has become my part-time work really and other things (besides studying) take up 99% of my time now. Anyway, my days in London are numbered, and every moment is important and so I can’t afford to lose any.

In short, I’m leading a crazy life now. I need more sleep and more time and some drug more potent than caffeine.

No comments: