Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Paralysing Knowledge

Straight after the first session on Sunday, I told Alvaro that I won’t be attending future sessions anymore.

In retrospect, I have to admit that I was very abrupt in telling him that I won’t be attending anymore.

So I wrote a note to him on Monday morning, offering my appreciations for his time and effort and concern, and then superficially explaining my brusque decision.

He then replied hours later in a note that was twice as long as mine, “…Regardless of what you think or believe, I hope you can find trust in my friendship… and in my prayers… I do not think anything is too late for you…”

Attached was a Calvin and Hobbes comic strip, illustrating his point.

Calvin said, “You realise that nothing is as clear and simple as it first appears. Ultimately, knowledge is paralysing. Being a man of action, I can’t afford to take that risk.”

Hobbes then replied, “You’re ignorant. But at least you act on it.”

Up till this point in my life, I just can’t find any friend(s) to trust that I can tell him or her or them everything.

It seems like I will be able to tell him everything soon, perhaps in a few months time.

I really need an outlet. And trust.

No comments: