Saturday, January 24, 2004

Haircut

Yeah, finally got my hair cut after so many days of procrastination. Its the most expensive cut I had so far in my life in a normal barber shop (18 sing dollars). That young chap who cut my hair was extremely friendly though. Asked me how I want him to cut my hair, if I want my hair to continue covering my ears, if I want my sideburn long or short, if I want a long fringe or not bla bla bla. He even wished me a happy Chinese Christmas... after which I corrected him immediately... =p

Anyway, I reckon the next time I cut my hair will be when I'm back in Singapore in summer. I don't want to spend another 6 pounds again on losing my hair.

Textbook

Finally went to Borders students' 20% discount sale and bought a memory textbook by Baddeley for 13.20 pounds. Wanted to buy another text but it was 32.99 pounds (before discount) for a small thin book. I refused to part with that amount of money. Add a few pounds to that figure and I can fly to Paris/Amsterdam/Rome/Milan/Zurich/etc and back again. No way am I going to spend so much on that thin paperback text...

Another dinner

Went to Luna's house at Notting Hill for dinner after astronomy.

Got lost on the way there. Spent 30 mins looking for her flat. I didn't even know I walked past Portobello Road Market till she told me. Watched 2 movies and ate a lot.

Was nearly midnite when I reached my hall.

Fire Alarm

Fancy a fire alarm that went off at 1am in the morning???

What the hell, this isn't the 1st time this is happening already.

Luckily I haven't fallen asleep and I haven't the intention to do so cos I am still doing my laundry.

But I must say the fire engine was really efficient - it arrived within 3 mins or so.

Ok... time to go downstairs to collect laundry.

Gd nite, myself.

Must-dos
(1) Finish lab report

No comments: