Saturday, January 31, 2004

Auroras missed

Today Prinja (my astronomy lecturer) said, apparently there were auroras in London last year November. How come I din know about it at all? What was I doing then? Argh... Let's hope there are more powerful coronal mass ejections coming soon, then I don't have to go to Scandinavia to aurora-watch...

Also, I learnt how stars are classified according to its temperature and luminosity. Pretty interesting. Though I was only taught that the sun is a G2V star, G2 meaning its a redder and cooler star compared to other stars in the galaxy, and that V means that the sun is a dwarf. Maybe there will be more stars to learn...

Chocolate shopping

My room is flooded with chocolates now...

Again, I went to Sainsbury with the sole intention of buying biscuits cos I ran out already. In the end, I couldn't resist the temptation and bought lots of chocolates and coffee and biscuits for 17+ pounds for my sole consumption. Let's see what I have... Nescafe Cappucino, Nescafe Mocha, Mcvities Belgian Chocolate biscuits, Mcvities Jaffa cakes, Mcvities Caramel biscuits, Mcvities Caramel & Plain Chocolate biscuits, Mcvities Hazelnut & Caramel biscuits, 20 snickers (snack size), Bendick Mingle Chocolates, TCO Sensations Chocolates... Yummy.

On top of that, I still haven finish the supply of chocolates and coffee I bought a fortnight ago. Which means now I have twice the amount of chocolates and coffee in my room now.

This is going to last me till summer I think.

I reckon I am going to get poisoned by caffine one day.

Can somebody stop me?!

Experiments + Money

Before the unintended chocolate shopping spree, I went to Topman as well and bought a hooded top for 17 pounds. Spending money is so shiok, especially when its neither mine nor my parents', but SPH's. Have been supplementing my allowance by doing psych experiments though. Just earned 5 pounds in 10 mins after astronomy lecture. I've scheduled 2 more experiments next week. Hopefully I get another one which pays 20 pounds on average, but its 2 hours long.

When is my next allowance coming???

(P.S. Every single item I bought today is on sale. =p)

Must-dos
(1) Go LT's house at 1730 tmr.
(2) Write essay.
(3) Contact wenlong.

No comments: