Thursday, February 12, 2004

Fire Alarm + Skipped Lecture

I skipped a social psych lecture today due to unforeseen circumstances - I couldn't wake up on time. Well, I can't be blamed. I was woken up by the fire alarm which rang at six am in the early morning. And the amazing thing was I didn't evacuate my room though the alarm kept on ringing for the next five minutes. *Whoa... What if its a real fire???* Anyway, I had an intuition that its going to be a false alarm again and so I continued sleeping. I consciously and clearly knew I shouldn't. I know. *pull my ears...* After which I fell asleep again and woke up only at 955am and my lecture starts at 10am. It takes me 25-30 minutes by bus to get to school (the bus journey itself takes only 10-15 minutes, but the waiting time takes as long, if not longer), so I decided that I might as well skipped the lecture, rather than barged into the lecture theatre halfway. I sort of regretted now though, cos it was Peter giving the lecture today. He's the best social psych lecturer. Ed always mumbles to himself and Paul's handouts are pieces of notes that aren't even fit to be used as rough paper.

Walking vs. bus

My monthly bus pass is expiring today and I didn't get a new one. I've decided to resume my walking habit to school, starting from tomorrow. Its a 30 minutes walk to school and another 10 minutes to my department. So its about 40-45 minutes walk in total. It's time to exercise again. I think I'll only get a bus pass for the exam term after Easter to get to my exam halls. So for the next three months, its walking everywhere. Yeah, I've gotten used to walking liao. 45 minutes isn't that long yah? *Think of the 25 odd pounds that I'll be saving every month.*

No comments: