Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Theatre of Dreams

Went to Manchester again today (the coach fare was only less than 4 quids!), this time heading to Old Trafford. Weather wasn't that good in the morning, drizzled a bit, saw Peak District in rain, still pretty though.

Somehow the rain seemed to signal that today will be a bad day and it somewhat was a bad one and I was rather pissed off.

Old Trafford was away from the city centre of Manchester, about 15 minutes away by Metrolink (aka tram). After getting off at the Metrolink station, there's still a 5 mins walk to the theatre of dreams itself.

The legendary theatre of dreams is really huge. I walked round two rounds of the stadium and still couldn't find the entrance to the museum and the tour. After which I seeked help from the receptionist at the megastore. And upon arrival at the ticketing office, I discovered to my horror that all tours for the stadium were fully booked for the day. What the hell. I came so far and I couldn't enter the stadium. So be it. Luckily, I am neither a soccer freak nor a Manchester United fan. Nevertheless, it's still a disappointment to be at the doorstep and denied entrance to the north stand, dressing room, player's tunnel, VIP lounge, dug out and so on.

So I went to the MU museum instead and was amazed by the history of the MU team, its numerous trophies, hall of fame, roll of honour etc.

Took a couple of pictures of the stadium's exterior and will post them when I am free (in summer?)

I might consider going back to the theatre of dreams again. I don't want to regret when I finished my studies in UK. Maybe I should catch a soccer match there as well.

Disgusted

And another event that sort of made me feel disgusted throughout the day took place almost immediately I arrived in Manchester today morning. Maybe I was wrong but the thought of such a possibility still made me feel distasteful. Maybe I shouldn't write this down.

I was at one of the gents at Arndale Shopping Centre. And I "saw" the person next to me wanking and then ejaculating at the urinal just next to me. Obviously I am not a psycho and so I didn't see it directly with my eyes, but with all the subtle movements and the sounds he was making, its 100% obvious even to an idiot. Oh man, was he that horny? Couldn't he do it at home? Or if he WAS really that horny, couldn't he do it in one of the cubicles? Why masturbate in a public open place?

According to my psychological analysis, I reckon he must have OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder), a form of psychological disorder, or more specifically a type of anxiety disorder. That is, being too obsessive with sexual (or other) thoughts to such an extent that anxiety is elicited. So there is an urgent need and irresisitible complusion to carry out the ritual or act of satisfying himself in a public place to relieve that anxiety. Hmm... not bad, I still remember my psychology. Can go around analysing people liao.

Whatever, I had better not meet such a person again, or else I will call him a psycho and ask him to see a psychologist directly in his face.

No comments: